What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a Senior Buyer/ Procurement Professional to perform corporate procurement activities. Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating price, delivery and terms and conditions of purchased items.
- Applying understanding of contractual Terms and Conditions.
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings and other schematics.
- Obtaining and evaluating quotes.
- Coordinating RMA (Return Material Authorization) with suppliers
- Coordinating resolution of invoice discrepancies
- Communicating effectively with internal and/or external customers
- Identifying and qualifying potential suppliers
- Analyzing cost/price factors for pre-award and post-award actions for purchases
- Applying understanding of the US Government FAR and DFARS, processes and procedures with capability to drive improvements
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related field. U.S. Government Procurement experience is a plus.
- An understanding of Procurement/Supply Chain and Material Requirement Planning System.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform cost/price factors for pre-award and post-award actions for cost reasonableness of purchases.
- Electrical/Mechanical Material knowledge.
- Domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of Government FAR/DFARS).
- Ability to effectively multi-task and support concurrent requirements for different internal and external customers.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Leadership experience of a procurement team.
- Aviation or Aerospace background.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) procurement and contracts.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 24 January 2020 • 16:16