What you will be a part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM: Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and Vessel Traffic Management Information Systems (VTMIS), hydrographics; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions. Public Safety and Security (PSS) which is the world leading solution provider for mission critical integrated operations.
We have an opening for a Senior Buyer at Saab Technologies B.V. in our department Purchasing.
We’re seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, hands-on Senior Buyer, responsible for realization of the best choices related to the international suppliers market from our offices in The Netherlands and Hong Kong. Furthermore, this person will produce and coordinate purchasing activities of mainly technical products and services in a cost effective and timely manner, in close cooperation with our proposal and project teams. The preferred candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of purchasing and contracts management through several years of working in the global high tech, engineering and project management industry.
You are responsible to:
- 70% involvement as ‘a collaborative purchaser ‘ and 30% contract management;
- Lead a team of three purchasers (two based in the Netherlands, one based in Hong Kong), perform Individual Performance Management (IPM) meetings, develop the skills and abilities of your team members and secure a good working environment within the unit.
- Purchase (non) contracted material and services according to defined stock/service levels or delivery schedule.
- Handle all operational purchasing activities and supplier contacts related to purchase orders such as purchasing requests, RFQ’s, purchase orders, delivery monitoring, returns, claims, invoices etc.
- Monitor and follow up that suppliers meet their commitments in accordance with purchase orders and agreed terms and conditions.
- Keep ERP-system updated with supplier and purchasing data.
- Close cooperation with our supplier base to ensure rapid response and high flexibility in deliveries;
- Closely monitor, giving feedback and developing our supplier base to improve their delivery performance;
- Identify cost savings and drive cost saving projects;
- Manage all business related insurances in coordination with Group Treasury;
- Contract management:
- Support our proposal and project teams in supplier selection, lead negotiations, close (framework) contracts and solve customer escalated issues towards suppliers and subcontractors;
- Make choices in the international market of technical products and services suppliers and support make or buy decisions by management;
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree;
- 7+ years of Purchasing experience in the international technical projects/products/services market is required (demonstrated track record);
- Experience successfully negotiating contracts with large infrastructural, maritime, aviation or technical suppliers;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Excellent communications skills in Dutch and English;
- NEVI 1 and 2 is benefit;
- Experience with Unit 4 Business World On (ERP) system is benefit;
- Team worker, analytical thinker, flexible and creative
If you feel that this job seems to be interesting, you enjoy working with modern technology and you have some of the skills and merits mentioned above, then you should contact us or send in your application.
More info: Saab.com/Maritime
Last updated: 25 February 2019 • 13:31