What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM's expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Saab ATM is currently seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator for our Syracuse, NY office.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Demonstrating knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law.
- The ability to coordinate and manage the contracts volume as part of a major or complex proposal.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- Leading a negotiations team for less complex negotiations.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation, leadership and team building skills.
- Using independent judgement and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- The ability to draft modified/revised language for terms and conditions in response to an RFP.
- The ability to determine appropriate flow down provisions for subcontracts and material procurement.
- Using professional concepts, company objectives, and/or industry best practices to resolve issues
- Successfully interacting with management, customer/supplier executive management & U.S. Government Representatives
- Communicating results concisely
- Identifying & developing contract skills in assigned function
- Supporting, contributing & participating as a member of proposal Capture team
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years' experience
- Professional certification or advanced degree preferred (CCCM, CFCM, CPCM)
- Excellent presentation, team building and leadership skills
- Ability to effect and manage change agents
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment
- Significant ability to influence senior corporate management
- Global perspective of business environment and technology
- Ability to be forward looking and identify future infrastructure enhancements to the Contracts organizations in support of growth and strategic direction of corporation
- Previous contract administrative experience, to include:
- Bid and proposal
- Export compliance knowledge
- Exposure to federal procurement regulations (FAR, DARS, TINA, etc.)
- Prepare quotations and proposals in response to RFQ's/RFPs
- All aspects of contract administration including proposal support and negotiation, post-award contract administration, scope management. Providing guidance, advice and counsel to technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract- related matters.
Saab ATM provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Candidates may also be required to participate in a security related (SF85) background investigation/inquiry.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Saab values diversity and as an AA/EO employer, we encourage qualified women, minorities, Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Last updated: 04 December 2019 • 14:46