What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator to support proposal, negotiation, and execution (including modifications) of a mixed portfolio of contracts.
Some specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement.
- Perform and communicate contractual risk analyses during all phases of the contract lifecycle.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Contract Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in the U.S. Defense industry (Or 6+ years with JD or MBA).
- Demonstrated experience performing various aspects of contract management and administration from the capture phase through contract close-out for multiple contract types.
- Working knowledge of Government contracting concepts (including FAR/DFARS) and key business processes.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and creativity to develop solutions to contract problems.
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, multi-task, and support concurrent requirements for different internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance per business requirements.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate Requests for Proposal and formulate proposal responses.
- Prior experience in Contracts or Procurement
- Process improvement / implementation (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, Green Belt)
- NCMA Certification.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 03 May 2019 • 17:16