What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation (ATM) is currently seeking a Senior Level Contracts Administrator for our Syracuse, NY office.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Demonstrating knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law.
- The ability to coordinate and manage the contracts volume as part of a major or complex proposal.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- Leading a negotiations team for less complex negotiations.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation, leadership and team building skills.
- Using independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- The ability to draft modified/revised language for terms and conditions in response to an RFP
- The ability to determine appropriate flow down provisions for sub subcontracts and material procurement
- Using professional concepts, company objectives, and/or industry best practices to resolve issues
- Successfully interacting with management, customer/supplier executive management & U.S. Government Representatives
- Communicating results concisely
- Identifying & developing contract skills in assigned function
- Supporting, contributing & participating as a member of proposal Capture Team
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years' experience
- Professional certification or advanced degree preferred (CCCM, CFCM, CPCM)
- Excellent presentation, team building and leadership skills
- Ability to effect and manage change agents
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment
- Significant ability to influence senior corporate management
- Global perspective of business environment and technology
- Ability to be forward looking and identify future infrastructure enhancements to the Contracts organizations in support of growth and strategic direction of corporation
- Previous contract administrative experience, to include:
- Bid and proposal
- Export compliance knowledge
- Exposure to federal procurement regulations (FAR, DARS, TINA, etc.)
- Prepare quotations and proposals in response to RFQs/RFPs
- All aspects of contract administration including proposal support and negotiation, post- award contract administration, scope management. Providing guidance, advice and counsel to technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract- related matters.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be a U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 01 February 2019 • 17:31