What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Contracts Manager to lead the Naval Domain Contracts organization. The successful candidate will lead contracts negotiations, evaluate new business opportunities, and ensure all current and future contracts are compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or equivalent, including supplements, guidelines, requirements, and procedures and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) for international pursuits and contracts.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide consistent leadership to the Contracts staff to ensure effective and efficient contract administration of assigned programs.
- Mentor and train Contract professionals and other disciplines as needed
- Contribute to the development and retention of Contracts and Subcontracts talent
- Develop and grow the Contracts capability within the organization
- Increase coordination across all functions and multiple business locations
Support capture efforts across the business by assigning resources and participating in proposal development and reviews.
- Review complex domestic, international, or commercial proposals for compliance with requirements of Request for Proposal, with particular focus on identification and mitigation/elimination of proposal risk and contract execution risk
- Provide oversight of domestic, international or commercial contractual negotiations
- Successfully interact with senior corporate management, customer/supplier executive management, U.S. Government representatives
- Prepare and present contractual terms and conditions analyses to senior corporate management, including risk analyses and mitigation options, business ramifications and opportunities, and negotiation strategies, while ensuring consistency with business objectives and corporate policies
- Provide data and support services for DCMA/DCAA inquiries and audits
Develop a vision for the organization and undertake the necessary steps to achieve the short term and long-term objectives.
- Use professional concepts, company objectives, and/or industry best practices to resolve complex issues
- Provide recommendations to the leadership team, which minimize risk and maximize financial results of the business.
- Lead efforts to evaluate and improve existing processes and fill process gaps with appropriate documentation
- Provide broad technical contractual guidance to internal customers
- Communicate results concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Communicate contractual risks and mitigation alternatives
- Apply a global perspective of business environment and technology
- Demonstrate the ability to be forward looking and identify future infrastructure enhancements to the Contracts organizations in support of growth and strategic direction of corporation
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree required, Professional certification (CCM, CFCM, CPCM), or advanced degree (MBA, JD) preferred.
- 10+ years of Contracts experience in the Defense/Aerospace industry.
- 5+ years of leadership experience, directly or indirectly leading groups or teams.
- Experience with various U.S. DoD contract types and international contracting is essential.
- Expert in FAR and DFARS, with working knowledge of CAS.
- Extensive experience negotiating multi-million dollar defense contracts with USG, international governments, and large Defense/Aerospace contractors.
- Prior experience managing teams across multiple sites/ locations is a plus.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 02 April 2020 • 22:46