What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Senior Contracts Manager, responsible for leading its Ground Based domain Contracts organization. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills which will be used to lead Contracts staff at multiple locations, ensuring all current and future contracts are compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulations or equivalent, including supplements, guidelines, requirements, and procedures and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) for international pursuits and contracts. Extensive experience with the various US DoD contract types and experience with international contracting is essential.
The Senior Contracts Manager will lead contracts negotiations, provide oversight to the Contracts team, evaluate new business opportunities, and provide recommendations to business management which minimize risk and maximize financial results of the business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Mentorship of the current staff, increasing coordination across all functions and multiple business locations, and dispute resolution as required.
- Provide consistent leadership to the contracts staff to ensure effective and efficient contract administration of assigned programs.
- Mentor and train Contract professionals and other disciplines as needed
- Contribute to the development and retention of contracts and subcontracts talent
- Develop and grow the subcontracts capability with the organization and increase coordination with the supply chain management function
- Support capture efforts across the business by assigning resources and participating in proposal development and reviews.
- Review complex domestic, international, or commercial proposals for compliance with requirements of Request for Proposal, with particular focus on identification and mitigation/elimination of proposal risk and contract execution risk
- Provide oversight of domestic, international or commercial contractual negotiations
- Successfully interact with senior corporate management, customer/supplier executive management, U.S. Government representatives
- Develop a vision for the organization and undertakes the necessary steps to achieve the short term and long term objectives.
- Use professional concepts, company objectives, and/or industry best practices to resolve complex issues
- Lead efforts to evaluate and improve existing processes and fill process gaps with appropriate documentation
- Provide broad technical contractual guidance to internal customers
- Communicate results concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Communicate contractual risks and mitigation alternatives
- Apply a global perspective of business environment and technology
- Demonstrate the ability to be forward looking and identify future infrastructure enhancements to the Contracts organizations in support of growth and strategic direction of corporation
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree, Professional certification (CCM,CFCM, CPCM), or advanced degree (MBA, JD) preferred.
- 10+ years of Contracts experience in the Defense/Aerospace industry.
- 5+ years of leadership experience, directly or indirectly leading organizations of 10 or more individuals.
- Experience managing teams across multiple sites / locations.
- Expert in FAR and DFARS, with working knowledge of CAS.
- Extensive experience negotiating multi-million dollar defense contracts with USG, international governments, and large Defense/Aerospace contractors.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance.(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 05 November 2018 • 15:16