What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis, Air Traffic Management, is seeking a dynamic, detail oriented, Document Control Specialist to execute configuration control and document delivery tasks in support of program and product development efforts in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain Configuration Management records using the appropriate systems and ensure electronic Configuration Management releases to customers are completed using documented posting procedures.
- Manage the approval status of the documentation, and communicate documentation releases to program teams and/or customers.
- Process the receipt of internal and external (customer) documentation submittals using Configuration Management systems and databases.
- Provide support to internal users of the Configuration/Data Management process/system as required
- Assemble, scan, and submit Test Reports under Configuration Management control
- Perform Configuration Management reviews of deliverable documentation
- Monitor Configuration Control Board (CCB) tool based reviews for deliverable documentation
- Ensure work products submitted to document control are in accordance with CM’s Standard Operating Procedures
Your skills and experience
- Associate’s degree, technical/business school, or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Attention to detail
- Advanced organizational skills
- Experience may include advanced support skills and knowledge of software tools, and other technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-service orientation
- Understanding of CM Methodologies
- Understanding of ISO terminologies/practices
- Understanding of how Defect Tracking/Version control tools work
- Understanding of processes and procedures and ability to apply them to daily work with little guidance
- Release management skills
- Problem solving skills, able to investigate and solve minor issues
- Ability to perform Configuration Management evaluation activities such as internal audits, FCA/PCA
- Basic use of Multiple Operating Systems
- Basic System Administration Skills
- Database administration skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 25 March 2019 • 20:16