What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineering Program Manager (“EPM”) to lead the development and integration efforts of radar systems, including planning, scheduling, status, cost account management, and team oversight for the hardware and software development efforts.
The Senior EPM is accountable for driving the technical solution for the assigned programs. He or she will provide technical leadership and management on development efforts, facilitate interdepartmental communication, participate in customer design review, and supporting production.
- Lead the engineering efforts associated with development, production support, and engineering services efforts.
- Lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Engage with customers to ensure project cost, schedule and technical requirements are met.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of metrics and tools to proactively manage the engineering content of programs.
- Ensure engineering complies with business operating policies.
- Engage with product vendors & colleagues as required to ensure product integrity.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements that improve overall program affordability, as well as opportunities in adjacent market spaces.
- Perform the role of interface to the Chief Engineering and Program Management organizations providing program status, issues and recommendations.
- Perform project planning including staffing, cost account management, risk management and proposal development.
- Develop cost estimates and support proposal efforts.
- Support Strategic Planning and Engineering reviews.
Your experiences and skills
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering discipline with 10-15+ years of experience.
- Direct experience as a Technical Lead and/or Engineering Program Manager for hardware development programs.
- Ability to guide a technical team in capturing, understanding and implementing product design requirements. Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams, providing clear guidance and direction to the team while multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requirements.
- Capability to interface on an interdepartmental level and be an agent of change for process and procedural improvements that position the company for growth and profitability.
- Mastery of broad engineering techniques and the tools required to design and develop products with a full understanding of industry practices and procedures.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues with increasing complexity in innovative as well as practical ways with a solid understanding of the entire product development process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate well with peers and different levels of management and the customer.
- Proven leader who motivates, inspires, and teaches others.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Must exhibit leadership for executing practical application of engineering processes on a development program and maintaining engineering rigor while balancing cost, technical, and schedule.
- A strong understanding of project planning including risk and opportunity management is desirable.
- An ability to operate as an engineering point of contact for the PMO, Senior Leadership and Customer.
- Strong technical leadership and demonstrated ability to successfully lead a new product development and/or production effort
- Previous costing experience on proposals.
- Ground Radar system development inclusive of hardware, firmware, and software development
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering development teams
- System integration and test experience.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.