What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Business Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and provide financial support for DoD and other various contracts as well as perform indirect cost analysis. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Primary financial analyst for program support contracts interfacing with program teams to track and forecast financial performance
- Track revenue recognition, cash flow, program expenditures and Estimates at Completion providing timely variance analysis
- Review program contracts to ensure business compliance to all clauses and DoD regulations
- Assist in the preparation of cost proposals for new business
- Track program receivables and identify opportunities to improve cash flow
- Work across functions to ensure support contracts are executing to budget and delivering to schedule
- Provide proposal costing and pricing support, cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance
- Implement and execute Earned Value Management, Analysis and Reporting. Assists in cost and schedule variance analysis and other project controls functions
- Advise program team members and senior management of financial health of programs
- Prepare and present external and internal financial reporting
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Manager to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected in business P&L and cash flow forecasts for the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long range planning.
- Provide inputs to process improvement efforts. Work collaboratively with department to identify, propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and efficient reporting.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA is a plus.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas and graphing.
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively across various levels of the organization.
- Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM) systems and reporting.
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite or other ERP systems, Cobra and other financial management software helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government Contracting experience desired including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations.
- Financial analysis experience in the Department of Defense (DoD) contracting industry.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 03 May 2019 • 17:16