What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a self-motivated, experienced individual with excellent attention to detail to fill a Senior Hardware Configuration Management/ Release Professional position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform change specialist I, II, and III functions per CM2 methodology.
- Facilitate enterprise item / drawing releases and change requests.
- Facilitate Configuration Control Board reviews.
- Establish and maintain product data structures in various CM tools.
- Perform configuration status accounting and configuration audits.
- Ensure conformance to applicable company and industry CM processes / standards.
- Main advisor of the CM processes and standards to internal users at the Sensor Systems Division. These processes include (but not limited to) the release of new items, BOM and item master files, design change requests, design change control. Accurate incorporation of all releases and changes into the item masters after ECO release.
- Maintain electronic files in SolidWorks PDM Pro system and drawing vault. Produce PDFs from all engineering masters for enterprise and/ or supplier use.
- Owns engineering data in the BOM item master and parent component files (Oracle ERP). Responsible for BOM accuracy with regard to design data elements.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in relevant discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Configuration Management, Document Control, or Engineering Change Management.
- Possess an understanding of 3D modeling software; SolidWorks preferred.
- PDM software experience; SolidWorks PDM Pro preferred.
- Prior experience with ERP tools; Oracle preferred.
- CM2 certification or equivalent; experience and a willingness to pursue certification acceptable.
- Ability to maintain quality of the configuration management data stores.
- Demonstrated logical and creative problem solving techniques.
- Ability to work with some level of independence and collaborate cross-functionally to meet objectives
- Excellent time and priority management, with the ability to recognize urgent items and take action.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience with PLM tool(s).
- Familiarity with EIA-649, EIA-649-1, MIL-HDBK-61A, MIL-STD-973, ISO, and CMMI.
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA tools.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 14 August 2018 • 18:46