What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, Senior Hardware Quality Engineer with defense industry experience to join the Quality team.
- Contract Review/ Requirements flow down and multiple Program Quality support.
- Estimate level of effort and associated costs used in Quality cost proposals and project scheduling.
- Supplier Quality Management including: Supplier Metrics, First Article Inspections, Source Inspections, Supplier/Engineering Design reviews, Audits, Work closely with Supply Chain, and Processing of nonconforming material.
- ECR/N generation, review, and CCB participation.
- Internal manufacturing product support (NCM’s, PCA’s, FAI’s, etc).
- Internal product/ process audits.
- Identification and disposition of nonconforming material. Participate in MRB’s internally and with customers as needed.
- Identify and execute value-added process improvements/initiatives.
- Influence activities during program execution in accordance with internal standards.
- Oracle ERP database management.
- Support Software Quality Engineering, incoming inspection and internal quality metrics as needed.
- May support Calibration/maintenance of equipment and continuous improvement of the Quality management System (QMS).
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) programs, procedures, and processes.
- Knowledge of “Quality System Management”, per ISO 9001:2008.
- Technical knowledge of Electro/Mechanical products/processes and related special processes.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Working knowledge of SEI CMMI Level 3 requirements is a plus.
- Desired certifications: ASQ – Certified Quality Engineer, IPC certifications, and/or other related industry certifications.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 04 November 2019 • 17:01