What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking an experienced Hardware Quality Engineer to join the Quality team. Primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- Contract Review/Requirements flow down and multiple Program Quality support.
- Estimate level of effort and associated costs used in Quality cost proposals and project scheduling.
- Supplier Quality Management
- Supplier Metrics
- First Article Inspections, Source Inspections
- Supplier/Engineering Design reviews
- Work closely with SDAS Supply Chain Management
- Processing of nonconforming material
- ECR/N generation, review, and CCB participation.
- Internal manufacturing product support (NCM’s, PCA’s, FAI’s, etc.)
- Internal product/process audits.
- Identification and disposition of nonconforming material. Participate in MRB’s internally and with customers.
- Identification, communication, and execution of value-added process improvements/initiatives.
- Influence activities during program execution in accordance with internal standards.
- Oracle ERP database management.
Other secondary responsibilities will include:
- Saab Internal Quality Metrics.
- Continuous improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Supporting the Software Quality Engineering team, incoming inspection, and calibration/maintenance of equipment as needed.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience (6+ years of experience if candidate has Master's degree)
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense (DOD) programs, procedures, and processes.
- Working knowledge of “Quality System Management”, per ISO 9001:2008/2015.
- Technical knowledge of Electro/Mechanical products/processes and related special processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent Time Management, Multi-tasking, and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Working knowledge of SEI CMMI Level 3 requirements
- ASQ – Certified Quality Engineer
- Holds IPC certifications
- Other related industry certifications
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 October 2018 • 12:01