What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking an experienced Senior Information Security / Cybersecurity Engineer to provide security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering. The selected candidate must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple releases and multiple baselines.
The Information Security Engineer will:
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Validate system security requirements definition and analysis.
- Verify security requirements. Support development of Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment and authorization (A&A) documentation.
- Support secure systems operations and maintenance.
- Work with the U.S. Government to select applicable controls and work through acceptable implementations to meet those controls.
- Participate in Cyber Working Groups to establish expected STIG compliances.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 4 – 8+ years of experience in a related field.
- Active Secret DoD Security clearance.
- Security+ certification.
- CISSP Certification desired, but not required.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools: STIGviewer and ACAS/Nessus.
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements associated with NIST 800-53.
- Understanding of networks/VLANs/Routers/Firewalls, as they impact cyber requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic, demanding environment.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 03 October 2019 • 21:31