What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Information Systems Professional to manage and support back-end infrastructure (Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix Xendesktop, Windows Server, NetApp storage) in a distributed team organization.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, is motivated to help the ICT team grow, and loves the challenge of solving problems and building solutions to help the company scale.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with leading edge hardware and software solve on a variety of challenging and innovative projects.
- Coordinate upgrades and changes with business entities and other technology infrastructure groups.
- Provide general systems support to internal or external customers.
- Open work tickets and provide support with production outages.
- Effective problem solving across all infrastructures.
- Maintain virtualization, storage systems and windows server environments.
- Analyze vulnerabilities and address issues.
- Assist with product migrations and installations, as the business requires.
- Other tasks as required.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline
- 8+ years of related experience (6+ years if Master’s degree)
- Network+ MCSE Certification or equivalent
- Experience with using, managing and controlling systems via PowerShell
- Familiarity with Microsoft systems in general, specifically one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of VMware systems in general:
- Enterprise ESXi v6 and above
- Distributed switching
- vCenter management
- Update manager
- Some knowledge of Citrix Xendesktop environment
- Some knowledge of NetApp devices and software
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 09 April 2019 • 17:46