What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Information Systems Professional to manage and support network infrastructure in a distributed team organization with global footprint. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, is motivated to help the ICT team grow, and loves the challenge of solving problems and building solutions to help the company scale.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with leading edge hardware, software defined networking, and traditional networking to solve on a variety of challenging and innovative projects.
- Coordinate upgrades and changes with business entities and other technology infrastructure groups.
- Provide network support to internal or external customers
- Open work tickets and provide support with production outages
- Install, configure and maintain network devices, including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues
- Assist with product migrations and installations, as the business requires.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years or related experience
- Strong general networking skills including:
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Load Balancing
- Network Security
- Familiar with networking equipment from the following vendors: Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Citrix, F5 BigIP.
- Dynamic Routing Protocols – OSPF, BGP
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 15 May 2019 • 18:16