What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking dynamic, results-oriented Senior Integrated Logistics Support and Product Support Managers to lead its rapidly growing Logistics and Product Support organization. The Managers will grow the pre and post-delivery support capabilities within Sensor Systems through implementation of industry best practices and processes. Additionally, the successful candidates will provide functional management for the logistics and product support teams, participate in the identification and pursuit of significant new business opportunities, and interface across disciplines and departments to achieve business objectives.
These leadership roles require experience with developing aftermarket strategies to maintain fielded systems and advancing a support organization that is positioned for significant growth in sustainment activities as the current production systems are fielded. The successful candidates must have demonstrated experience with the maintenance of large scale, complex radar systems and the customer communities that are responsible for the operational availability. The preferred candidates will have in-depth knowledge of military or commercial radar systems, markets, and technologies through several years of working in this domain.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Development of a plan to recommend ongoing spares inventories for each of the core Sensor Systems products, capital expenditures to support continued maintenance and upgrades, and technical service staffing levels to support field operations.
- Accountability for cost, schedule and technical performance of all Logistics and Product Support efforts across the business.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the business to adopt and follow
- Contribute to the development of high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships in the customer community and with large industry primes to service existing programs, and find new, unique ways to deploy our technology and services to meet customer needs.
- Provide consistent leadership to the Logistics and Product Support staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Monitor and guide multiple junior team members to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the development and retention of key talent.
- Make personnel recommendations in support of business objectives.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related Engineering discipline, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of Logistics experience sustaining and supporting fielded products.
- 10+ years of leadership experience, directly or indirectly leading organizations of 10 or more individuals.
- 10+ years of Defense/Aerospace Industry Experience in Engineering, Business or related discipline
- Demonstrated track record building business processes and procedures.
- Ability to contribute to the development and execution of a logistics strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel (International and Domestic) up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capability of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 17 January 2019 • 21:01