What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation is seeking a Senior Logistics Engineer to synthesize and analyze a wide range of logistics data to develop reliability, maintainability, and sustainment predictions for new products, then manages the logistics information process through the life cycle of the product or system.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide input into product design documentation, including subsystem, software, and hardware requirements specifications.
- Develop logistics processes to support a product or system through its lifecycle.
- Perform on-going supportability analyses of field data and recommend modifications to improve system reliability and reduce total ownership cost.
- Analyze repair cycle processes, including capacity, throughput, and performance trends.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and deliver concise presentations to customers.
- Key contributor to obsolescence management program
Your skills and experience
Your Experience and Skills: (4000 character limit)
- BA/BS degree in an engineering or related discipline with 8+ years of applicable experience (6+ years if MA/MS or 4+ years if PhD).
- OR 12+ years of relevant military or aerospace experience.
- Proven record of computing logistics supportability and performance in defense, aeronautical, industrial, or similar complex systems.
- Advanced skill in Excel is required; proficiency in Access is a plus.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 08 April 2019 • 20:16