After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior Logistics/Reliability Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system across the full Royal Australian Navy surface fleet.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking logistics engineering for acquisition and sustainment projects, as follows:
- Obsolescence management and analysis
- Reliability, maintainability and availability modelling and analysis
- Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Reliability centred maintenance analysis
- Level of repair analysis
- Maintenance task analysis
- Spares analysis
- PHS&T analysis
- Liaising with OEMs to identify, analyse and recommend corrective actions for equipment obsolescence problems
- Undertaking life cycle cost analysis for acquisition and sustainment projects
- Provide logistics engineering input into system engineering planning and hardware design and implementation
Please note, this role is being offered on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics Engineering, Systems Support Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Sound experience in logistics and reliability and maintainability (R&M) engineering
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) based logistics experience
- Experience in the application of relevant military and commercial logistics standards
- Experience in logistics support analysis and reliability/maintainability analysis tools
- Sound understanding of the development and the inter-relation between the various ILS elements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a commitment to strong teamwork
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 January 2020. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description. Please note that due to company Xmas shutdown, applicants will be reviewed from 6 January onwards.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.