What you will be part of
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new green field operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking Senior Manufacturing Engineers who are interested in further developing knowledge in manufacturing technology. The Manufacturing Engineering function will be responsible for all the production technical work for assembly and installation, from calculation, production preparation and production of process documentation, to verification. The function is also accountable for manufacturing engineering development, manufacturing techniques, and qualification of new products based on both Saab and customer requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineers will be an integral link between the design team in Sweden and the new production team in West Lafayette. Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of production systems and working methods, and influence the design work to achieve low production costs without compromising function and quality.
- Contribute to the development of new technical solutions, and to the development of efficient production systems and assembly lines based on Lean principles.
- Produceability Reviews.
- Process planning for current and new products.
- Develop production flows and lay-outs.
- Continuous improvement for efficient production.
- During the initial startup phase, there will be a great deal of interaction with the engineering teams in Sweden, which may require travel for meetings and training.
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline is required. Master's degree desirable.
- 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerostructures.
- Driven, innovative and takes initiative without being asked.
- Excellent communication and strong leadership skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team setting
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.