What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into
reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
- Interfacing with approximately 10 program managers to address their project needs, including scheduling, delivery, costing and other special needs per the contract.
- Provide daily direction to a close knit team of 11 individuals in manufacturing including assembly, test, stockroom and shipping
- Contribute as part of a team to prioritize orders and production planning to a dynamic schedule
- Assist the engineering teams in R&D efforts to define and order bills of materials or individual components
- Monitor and maintain inventories taking into account lead times, burn rates, failure rates and cash flow
- Interlace scheduling of depot repairs and new orders utilizing a common production line
- Be versatile to the changing needs of the business such as field related popups, customer service request, and contracts amendments. Every day will be different.
- Manage Oracle MRP workflow including material requisitions, creating work orders, creating of routings and flow cards
- Review and disposition engineering change notice
Saab ATM, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field with 8 years' experience. Will consider candidates outside these qualifications with relevant experience.
- Self-starter that can be a consistent and reliable point of contact
- Communication skills are a must
- Oracle ERP experience desired
Must be a U.S. citizen. Candidates may also be required to participate in a security related (SF85) background investigation/inquiry.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 08 January 2020 • 18:31