What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Surveillance U.S. is seeking a Senior Master Planner/ Master Scheduler to establish integrated master schedules (IMS) utilizing MS Project for assigned programs. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads and Control Account Managers (CAMs) to establish an integrated master schedule, manage schedule status, perform critical path analysis and slack management, perform schedule analysis (e.g. DCMA 14-point assessment), and communicate to management and customer.
- Participate in proposal preparation planning including acquisition phasing, baseline pricing documents and preparation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules for solicitation response.
- Key contributor to project organization, team coordination, internal and external performance reporting.
- Partner with Lead Master Planner, project managers, technical or IPT Leads, CAMs, financial analysts and customers to meet project objectives and ensure successful program execution.
- Act as Risk and Opportunity Management Coordinator for assigned programs.
- Assist in enterprise manpower demand planning.
- Mentoring of less experienced Master Planners.
- Backup Master Planning Lead for assigned business segment.
- Work with Business Operations to support development of common tools, processes and training related to schedule development, integration, analysis and maintenance.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a technical, business, military professional, or U.S. Government Contractor environment.
- Expertise in Microsoft Project or related program management tool (i.e. Open Plan)
- Integrated Master Plan/Integrated Master Schedule Development and Maintenance on DoD programs with Earned Value Management requirements
- Planning Arbitration and Adjudication across IPTs
- Recovery Planning and workaround facilitation
- Critical Path Analysis and Slack management
- Schedule Risk Analysis Support
- EVMS Concepts including analysis and corrective actions
- Integrating Scheduling data with Manpower, EVMS, and Proposal Support Systems
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 04 November 2019 • 20:31