What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to guide others on a technical team in capturing, understanding and implementing product design requirements. Responsibilities will include:
- Identify, manage and solve problems associated with mechanical components.
- Use your understanding of fundamentals of mechanical engineering and apply them to solve problems.
- Apply existing knowledge to resolve design issues, supplier quality issues, manufacturing and field issues.
- Create and modify assembly drawings, schematics, vendor item control drawings, connection diagrams and bills of materials for complex electronic equipment.
- Follow company standard operating procedures and Quality System requirements to perform all aspects of the position
- Plan, organize, and estimate required effort for responsible tasks.
- Work within a team environment to obtain common goals.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with a broad range of applied, advanced design with a fundamental understanding the product development life cycle.
- Fundamental understanding of industry accepted design methods and practices, including design choices/tradeoffs, test data and requirement/specification changes.
- Experience using SolidWorks, AutoCad (DWG editor), MS Excel and MS Word to create drawings and documents.
- Possess general knowledge of industrial electronic systems including enclosures, cabinets, chassis, electrical connectors, cabling, and mounting hardware.
- Ability to read and review mechanical drawings for proper dimension tolerances and accuracy and completeness.
- Proven contributor on project teams to accomplish project objectives.
- Effective contributor in a team environment, providing technical leadership where applicable.
- Ability to work independently to achieve technical and program requirements.
- Ability to work with other engineering disciplines to contribute to a collaborative development environment.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 26 November 2019 • 21:01