What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer that possesses the skills to guide others on a technical team in capturing, understanding and implementing product design requirements.
- Identifying, managing, and solving problems associated with the mechanical components.
- Understanding the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and application of those fundamentals to solve problems.
- Appling existing knowledge to resolve design issues, supplier quality issues, manufacturing and field issues.
- Creating and modifying assembly drawings, schematics, vendor item control drawings, connection diagrams and bills of materials for complex electronic equipment.
- Following company standard operating procedures and Quality System requirements to perform all aspects of the position.
- Planning, organizing and estimating required effort for responsible tasks.
- Contributing in a team environment to obtain common goals, providing technical leadership where applicable.
- Working independently to achieve technical and program requirements.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) with 8+ years experience. (6+ years if MA/MS or 4+ years if PhD).
- Experience with a broad range of applied, advanced design with a fundamental understanding the product development life cycle.
- Fundamental understanding of industry accepted design methods and practices, including design choices/tradeoffs, test data and requirement/specification changes.
- Experience using SolidWorks and AutoCad (DWG editor), MS Excel and MS Word to create drawings and documents.
- Possess general knowledge of industrial electronic systems including enclosures, cabinets, chassis, electrical connectors, cabling, and mounting hardware.
- Ability to read and review mechanical drawings for proper dimensioning tolerances and accuracy and completeness.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 October 2018 • 12:01