At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are looking to appoint a senior mechanical engineer with proven experience in environmental impact on design to join our radar development team here in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will be required to design and develop solutions with aspects of effectiveness for development, production and support. You will act as specialist in the development regarding mechanical, environmental and cooling solutions for different products and represent our center of competence in this specialty. As a specialist, you will contribute to the concept, design and development decisions for our products. You will take the technical mechanical lead responsibility within our projects.
Your skills and experience
Proven experience regarding mechanical engineering and environmental impact, but equally important is that you have a desire to be a part of building up a brand new entity and operation in the UAE.
As a person, you are curious and inspired by new challenges. A well-developed understanding and willingness to learn about different cultures is crucial in this multi-cultural environment. A willingness to support your colleagues and support their development in these areas, inclusive teamwork approach is deemed successful. Key pointers include:
· Experience in mechanical design and development
· Degree holder, and perhaps MSc
· Experience of design and development decisions and their consequences
· Environmental design and development experience to meet requirements from standards such as wind, shock, ingress protection, temperature, and others
· Experience from testing to meet environmental requirements
· Good ability to carry through your own and others ideas
· You must be able to express yourself in English, both oral and in written word.
· In order for you to achieve good results, you should act commercially and professionally when in contact with both customers and suppliers.
· Experience in 3D CAD modeling, CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), FEA (Finite Element Analysis).
· Experience in Catia V5 and Ansys are assets.
· Experience within optics would also be regarded as advantageous
Successful applicants would be required to undergo and satisfy Saab Security Clearance formalities.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of these key customer countries where Saab has now increased its presence by initiating the local development and production of different products.
You will become part of this brand new Saab Company, which will operate in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi, UAE.