What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Air Traffic Management is looking for a Product Development Management professional to be a part of the overall execution, cost, schedule and technical performance of product development efforts. Responsibilities will increase with experience, and will over time include:
- Development and management of product development priorities by coordinating with programs, customer service and product management
- Authoring and executing product development plans
- Plan, coordinate and conduct team meetings (design reviews, change control boards, etc)
- Support subcontract management and purchasing
- Support resource planning • Ensure compliance with Saab Sensis SOPs
- Interface with Contracts, Finance, and Purchasing organizations
- Interface QA, CM and Technical Publications and Training groups
- Generate, track and maintain project action items and risks
ATM Operating Unit, Saab Sensis Corporation, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science
- 3 - 8 years of professional experience
The Product Development Manager shall possess the following skill-set/personal traits:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, strong work ethic
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, and ability to follow-up action items and requests
- Results oriented
- Quality and improvement focused
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of people in the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Constant desire to learn Preferred Skills:
- Some experience in Project Management
- Some experience in Manufacturing Project Management/Operations
- Experience working in a team environment
- Some experience with Microsoft products (Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Some experience in JIRA
- Understanding of Saab Sensis core competencies and products
- Familiarity with all Saab Sensis program management applicable SOPs
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work/life balance, flexible work hours, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, 401(k), and a fitness facility. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check and verification of education and employment. As a Federal contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.