What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Training and Simulation division supports the United States Warfighter by developing, manufacturing, and supporting world-class training systems for the US Military, Foreign Military Sales, and Homeland Security in the Live, Virtual, and Constructive domains. Saab's product line contains the industry's highest performing training equipment while maintaining cost effectiveness, reliability and durability. Training and Simulation resides in Central Florida Research Park, a predominant hub of the nation's simulation and training industry. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Senior Product Manager, to play an active role in product strategy development and to provide analytical thinking to solve complex problems.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support the Training and Simulation Business Unit (BU) to assess technical solutions to programs
- Support the BU Director of Strategy in the formulation of product definition and roadmaps
- Collaborate with program/project team leads to develop solutions to complex problems
- Participate in customer meetings during capture efforts to thoroughly understand the needs
- Be a customer advocate during internal reviews, ensuring that the proposed solution is complete
- Support Capture Teams to enable Order Intake
- Product and design expertise
- Analysis of technical requirements
- Write-ups of product documentation
- Marketing material for these systems
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Participate in various Working Groups as required
- Support Product Owners/Managers with focus on US delivered systems (CVTESS, MGS, VTESS, IRS)
- Develop and maintain roadmaps for these systems including function and performance insertions
- Design evolution including obsolescence management
- Update and maintain product documentation
- Participate in Product Management Group meetings
- Support Program Managers in the execution of development/delivery projects
- Support Small Business (SB) Liaison Officer
- Identifying potential parts and tasks that can be outsourced in US
- Participate in the evaluation of SB competence and abilities
- Adherence to the CMMI and BU Development processes
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Perform process roles as assigned in Saab’s Business Management System (BMS)
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline. Master's degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Strong business skills and drive
- Experience from vehicle simulation systems and radio communication systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills and ability to present results/ content to internal and external customers
- Strong analytic capability
- Experience with bid and sales processes
- Familiarity with FARs and DFARs
- Experience in writing of technical documentation e.g. specifications and requirements
- MILES Communication Code Expertise
- U-LEIS/OSAG 2.0 Expertise
- HoloLens and Oculus experience
- FA-57 or Modeling and Simulation expertise
- Familiarity with the operations of US military tactical and non-tactical vehicles
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 18 December 2018 • 15:46