What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill a Senior Product Support Professional position. The successful candidate will have a full understanding of industry practices to resolve issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the execution and continuous improvement of specific Product Support group functional capability for all customers.
- Measure key indicators of the Product Support group performance and use the measurements to drive on-going, continuous improvement with respect to spare parts and repair management.
- Appropriate communication with customers, business partners, vendors, and internal colleagues both verbally and in writing. This includes integrating parts and repair order data from multiple sources, consolidating and interpreting it to provide to management for effective decision making. Also includes building and collecting key metric data, analyzing it and being able to present it to management.
- Develop and implement robust processes that respond appropriately to customer product support issues.
- Enable seamless participation of various company groups in actions to support products and customers.
- Cultivate keen customer, Product Support, and lifecycle support awareness throughout the entire organization.
- Mentor staff and colleagues; lead continuous development of staff.
- Foster productive interaction with a broad range of individuals who participate in support processes: potential customers, current customers, suppliers/vendors, company management, program management, product management, product support, individual contributors from across the organization.
- Define metrics and use them to drive continuous improvement.
- Contributes to manpower/resource planning and scheduling.
- Contributes to the adoption of new approaches to improve overall quality, reliability and speed of implementation and may provide proposal support.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant experience. Preferably with knowledge of military supply chain management (DLA, DCMA, ASL management etc).
- Previous experience in a technical professional environment [preferred] focusing on radar system logistics and supply chain management, and other electronic and military equipment as applicable.
- Responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where solutions require evaluation of a variety of factors within the context of discipline processes/workflows. This includes in-depth experience reading and analyzing Oracle products with advanced experience with MS Excel including charts, tables and pivot tables.
- Ability to listen to the customer and understand the customer perspective.
- Understanding of customers marketplaces, and surveillance technologies.
- Ability to influence customers, internal colleagues and manage projects of significant complexity.
- Ability to facilitate resolution of customer issues related to the specific functional area.
- Effective use of problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Independently selects methods and techniques for obtaining and implementing solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of the company’s systems, products, and services.
- Ability to estimate level of effort and scheduling requirements for all functional, product, and program activities.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 13 December 2017 • 23:09