What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a Senior Production Planner to join the Manufacturing and Production team. Responsibilities of the Senior Production Planner include but are not limited to:
- Review of master production schedules to determine possible shortages, evaluation of potential improvements in economic order quantities to gain total supply chain improvements, and ensuring material availability
- Support plant initiatives through involvement of activities/functions outside of materials planning
- Plan the production schedule for the manufacturing floor taking into consideration available capacity, raw material inventory levels, customer order requirements and best production order sequence
- Develop and implement master production schedules utilizing MRP techniques and software capabilities
- Coordinate and lead regular meetings to insure the execution of actual production against plan
- Monitor min/max levels in stock room to insure acceptable lead times for standard products
- Coordinate with purchasing, production, stockroom, and manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate scheduling, procurement, and movement of materials
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Industrial Engineering or Business, or a BS/BA in another field with related scheduling or project management experience
- 8 years relevant experience preferred with strong industrial engineering, project management or business background
- Ability to implement schedule management process consistent with customer requirements and internal processes and best practices
- Strong computer skills, high level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior Experience with government planning and scheduling principles
- Knowledge of MS Project or similar scheduling engine
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar accounting system
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16