What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager for a Program Excellence role. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead non-advocate reviews of Surveillance U.S. portfolio of programs to ensure programs execute to their full potential.
- Work with Business Segment Directors, Program Managers and cross functional teams to identify and resolve program execution issues.
- Work with PMO, Quality and cross functional teams to develop and modify Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to Program Management incorporating Non Advocate Lessons Learned and industry best practices.
- Develop and deliver training to Program Managers and program teams regarding Program Management SOPs and industry best practices.
- Support new business proposal and capture activities to ensure effective program planning for execution.
- Support Quality Assurance during internal audits of SOP compliance reviews.
- Support the organization's development of Business tools and systems required to develop support proposal development, program planning and execution.
- Develop and maintain a set of core metrics to be used to track program performance.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of customer reporting deliverables regarding program performance.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or other related discipline. Master's/ MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a Program Management Office function or similar environment (e.g., Program Management, Master Program Planner, Risk Manager, Earned Value Management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functionally to meet objectives.
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Prior Program Management experience in aerospace / defense industry, involved in all aspects including but not limited to:
- Program Planning
- Monitoring and Control
- Earned Value Management
- Scheduling (IMS and SRA)
- Configuration Management / Data Management
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Supply Chain best practices and compliance with Government requirements for CPP
- Pricing methodology
- Contract Negotiations
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 13 June 2019 • 18:16