What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Program Manager to be responsible for the profitable execution of production radar programs within the Surveillance U.S. division. The preferred candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of military or commercial radar systems, markets, and technologies through several years of working in this domain. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience in supply chain, large scale manufacturing, and complex ground based radar systems.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a successful business growth strategy within assigned segment(s), identification and pursuit of significant new business opportunities, and interfacing across disciplines and departments to achieve business objectives.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Program Manager will include, but are not limited to:
Specifically accountable for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned Program portfolios.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Make personnel recommendations in support of business objectives.
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and use EVMS to report program status internally and externally.
Oversee profitable growth of the program segment.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management personnel to maintain institutional knowledge of the competitive landscape in the assigned market segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Collaborate with all functions within the business unit to leverage program execution, capture strategies and resources through the design and manufacturing phases of the programs in the portfolio.
- Grow relationships in the customer community and with large industry primes to service existing programs and find new and unique ways to deploy our technology to meet customer needs.
Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Monitor and guide junior program managers to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the development and retention of program management talent.
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related engineering discipline, MBA/MS preferred.
- 13+ years of Defense/Aerospace Industry Experience in Manufacturing, Business or related discipline.
- 5+ years Program Management experience, $50M – $100M+ program lifecycle preferred.
- Demonstrated track record participating in large scale aerospace and defense business capture efforts.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, EVMS, Risk/Opportunity management).
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% in support of program and business development efforts.
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance per business requirements.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.