What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to lead multidisciplinary engineering teams, involved in proposal generation, product development and/or product deployment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Functioning as the principal technical interface to the customer
- Understanding project requirements (i.e., serve as the “voice of the customer”)
- Developing the engineering plan to satisfy project requirements
- Identifying the staff (skills, level of experience, number) required to perform the work
- Identifying the physical assets required to execute the project
- Integrating the engineering plan into the overall project plan
- Monitoring and managing the conduct of the engineering work
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s (preferred) degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or applicable scientific discipline.
- 8+ years of applicable engineering experience in the defense or aerospace domains. At least 3 of those 8 years must have involved planning complex engineering work and leading engineering teams in the execution of that work.
- A working knowledge of hardware and software development processes, configuration control processes and Earned Value Management principles.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 28 June 2018 • 16:16