What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill a Senior Quality Control Inspector role.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Incoming inspection of products. (Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Cables/Harnesses, etc)
- Manufacturing product inspections/audits
- Working knowledge of electrical/mechanical inspection equipment
- Effective Multi-tasking and time management
- Source Inspections at local supplier facilities
- Data transactions within Oracle
- Working application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Secondary Responsibilities Include:
- Metrics/Reports development, utilization within Oracle
- Maintenance of Calibration equipment and database
- Maintenance/Calibration of Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) workstations
- Support of other job tasks within Material Overhead pool
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate's Degree, technical/ business school, or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Electro/Mechanical product knowledge
- Experience may include advanced support skills and extensive knowledge of tools, software and other technologies
- Effective time management, organizational skills, Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems (SAP, SyteLine, etc)
- Knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word)
- Effective communication skills
- Continuous Process improvement mentality
- Certification in IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies and IPC-WHMA-A-620 Requirements and Acceptance of Cable and Wire Assemblies)
- Defense business experience
- CMM experience with set-up, programming, tooling and fixtures
- Advance knowledge of Oracle ERP system
- Advance knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 October 2018 • 12:01