What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
The Senior Reliability / Logistics Engineer is responsible for undertaking obsolescence analysis, asset management and reliability/logistics engineering activities in support of acquisition projects and sustainment tasks.
Key responsibilities will include:
Undertaking logistics engineering for acquisition and in-service support tasks as follows:
- Reliability, maintainability and availability modelling and analysis
- Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Reliability centred maintenance analysis
- Level of repair analysis
- Maintenance task analysis
- Spares analysis
- PHS&T analysis
- Liaising with the OEMs to identify, analyse and recommend corrective actions for equipment obsolescence problems, including the development of costed corrective action plans
- Undertaking life cycle cost analysis for acquisition and sustainment projects
- Providing logistics engineering input into system engineering planning and HW design and implementation.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics/Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering (or similar) or equivalent on the job experience
- Experience in Defence industry and its logistics practices and standards
- Sound experience in logistics and reliability and maintainability (R&M) engineering
- COTS based logistics experience
- Experience in the application of relevant military and commercial logistics standards
- Experience in LSA and R&M analysis tools
- Experience in preparing ILS inputs to tenders
- Sound understanding of the development and the inter-relation between the various ILS elements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Engineering principles.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description as well as a confidential discussion.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 20 July 2019 • 16:33