What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a detail-oriented systems engineer experienced as a Senior Reliability/Maintainability/Availability (RMA) Engineer. This RMA expert will lead engineering predictions and RMA analyses of proposed and existing Saab radar products. Candidate will also serve as mentor to other systems engineers in RMA philosophies and practices to enable the company to integrate strong RMA attributes into products in development. Candidate must have either formal training in or proven experience in conducting RMA analyses and predictions.
- Performing RMA predictions using engineering and logistics data to meet US Government expectations in MIL-HDBK-217 and similar industry standards
- Analyzing Saab product performance against customer specifications
- Conducting root cause data analyses to determine sources of non-compliant RMA attributes
- Integrating FMECA, RBD, Safety, Human Factors, provisioning, and other data to produce credible, accurate, and compliant RMA predictions
- Recommending preventive maintenance practices to meet RMA and supportability specs
- Authoring and defending DID-compliant reports and computations
- Clearly communicating RMA data, implications, and courses of action to other team members and customers
- Augments engineering teams on related systems and logistics engineering tasks to meet customer requirements
- Interacting professionally with US Government and Prime Contractor engineers and program managers
- Training and mentoring engineers not experienced in RMA processes
- Balancing multiple concurrent programs and products to meet required delivery schedules
- Ability to estimate level of effort and associated costs used in project scheduling
- Travel to US and international locations for periods typically lasting one week or less
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in an engineering discipline (or applicable military training)
- 8+ years’ experience or 10+ years’ relevant military/aerospace experience with radar or other technologically-advanced electronic or electro-mechanical systems
- Experience using reliability tool kits, such as ASENT, Reliability Analytics, Windchill, or similar
- Proficient in the use of MS Office application, especially Excel
- Understanding and awareness of cultural differences
- Ability to be flexible in fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 01 March 2018 • 17:16