What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a highly motivated Senior RF Engineer to support research and development of complex radar and EW systems. Responsibilities will include:
- Design, development, assembly, test and integration of complex RF systems.
- Requirements analysis, trade studies, simulations, modeling and design capture.
- Perform component selection, characterization of transmitters, receivers, exciters, and antennas.
- Work within cross-functional teams that include software, digital, RF, mechanical and systems engineers.
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure technical, cost, and schedule performance is achieved.
- Support business development with technical and cost proposals.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with design, development assembly, test and integration of complex RF/ Microwave hardware and systems, including PWB layout and engineering best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers, various levels of management and customers.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience with engineering design software (HFSS , CST, Genesys).
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Matlab.
- Hands on experience with tools, test equipment and circuit prototyping and evaluation.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 26 November 2019 • 22:16