After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. We have a rich history of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next exciting chapter.
If a career spent designing, developing and integrating high-end command, control, combat, communications, security, cyber and mixed reality systems sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Corporate group, you will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s ICT Support Desk function.
As well as providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to staff across Saab’s computing environments, the Senior Service Desk Analyst will assist the Service Desk Team Leader in coordinating the Service Desk’s tasks and activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests while providing prompt professional service
- Undertake day-to-day administrative duties, such as:
- Account management
- Backup media handling
- File and Print Services Management
- Client setup, configuration and support
- IT asset management
- Installation, configuration and support of corporate and enterprise wide support tools, systems, applications and technologies.
- Ensure appropriate change management processes are followed
- Act as a 2IC of the team, and communicate and cross-skill with other team members.
Their skills and experience will include:
- 3-5+ years working in an ICT environment
- Working knowledge of technologies, such as:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010/2016
- Microsoft SCCM
- Basic Network fundamentals, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS.
- One or more scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good all-round client facing skills with the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- ITIL principles.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 550 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We actively promote a healthy work-life balance for our employees, which together with various health and well-being initiatives, a supportive and collaborative culture and industry leading benefits, make Saab Australia a great place to work.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.