Senior Software developer for Public Safety and Security
Do you want to work with the development of world-class business-critical incident management solutions, aiming to keep People and Society safe? Are you an experienced software developer who enjoys working in teams and want to make a difference?
You will be a member of one of our Agile engineering teams developing new and enhanced functionality in our core incident management product - SAFE.
Tasks will include:
- Evolve and maintain our core system, so it can meet higher expectations both functional wise and performance wise.
- Collaborate in a team with highly skilled developers & testers.
- Support Sales management with in-depth technical knowledge about product capabilities.
- Collaborate around architectural solutions.
The role can include travelling to customer site for installations and to provide support to 2:nd line.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
To thrive in this role, you are a self-motivated person with great communication skills. You are used to efficiently collaborating with team members as well as other stakeholders.
We believe that you are structured and have a confident mindset enabling you to adapt to circumstances. You enjoy learning new things and to share your knowledge to make your colleagues grow. You want to deliver customer value and take pride in delivering fully functional software.
- Bachelor degree in systems science, computer science, or another SW development related field
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Experience with complex software systems
- Good social skills, and desire to work in teams
- Experience in working within the AGILE software development methodology
- Documented experience from working with .NET, C #, WCF and SQL Server technologies
- Documented experience from working with porting products to cloud (for ex. Azure) environment
- Experience in optimizing SQL performance in native and cloud environment.
- Experience of SQL profiling and optimisations.
- Experience in scaling & tuning SW applications in native and cloud environment.
- Experience of managing issues between development and IT operations.
- We believe that you have a genuine interest in solving SW problems with a creative mindset
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Public Safety and Security (PSS) unit who develop incident management systems for Police, Public transportations, Airports and detention centers among others. PSS is part of the Business Area Industrial Product and Services.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 02 April 2019 • 10:30