What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA, Sensor Systems Division is seeking multiple, experienced Senior Software Engineers for new, challenging programs ranging from complex, medium and long range, mobile ground radar systems to long-range naval radar systems. All new efforts will deploy bleeding edge technology to US Department of Defense (DoD) customers.
The position involves:
- Working with the current programs of record to continue development of a common, flexible architecture that is extensible to future programs.
- Assist in laying the framework in the form of modular blocks, allowing configuration from installation to installation.
- Participation in technical meetings and design reviews (both internally and externally)
- Ensuring SW team adherence to the CMMI and Sensor Systems SW Development process (including proper documentation and CM related activities)
- Determine, document, and enforce methods for complying with desired software development practices (open technology requirements, safety and security, information assurance, metrics tracking, CM release plan, etc.)
- Participation in peer/technical reviews
- Planning for and participation in system integration.
- Collaborating with a development team of up to 4-6 developers.
- Ensuring consistent development practices and architecture among all developers.
Your experiences and skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline (or similar)
- 8+ years of software development/architecture experience
- 2+ years of team or project leadership experience
- Experience in C/C++ software development, with specific experience with the following:
- Static and dynamic code analysis
- Development in a POSIX/Linux environment
- Development in a semi-real time environment (5-10ms timeline)
- UML modeling tools for software design
- Experience developing software under CERT and CWE standards
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Experience developing software for radar applications
- Experience with CORBA and DDS
- Experience with middleware such as ACE+TAO, BOOST
- Experience using GoogleTest/GoogleMock unit test framework
- Experience with Klocwork, Coverity and SonarQube code analysis tools
- Experience using Subversion (SVN) for configuration management.
- Experience using the Atlassian JIRA/Confluence/Crucible tool sets
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 February 2019 • 20:16