What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, Senior Software Quality Engineer to develop, evaluate, revise, and apply technical quality assurance protocols/methods to project and program work activities and outputs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Apply common software quality engineering principals, techniques and company standards.
- Monitor project compliance in accordance with project plans, contractual requirements and the Saab quality system.
- Initiate and facilitate corrective action process.
- Create program quality documents, such as quality assurance plans, audit reports, etc.
- Actively participate in large project activities such as technical design reviews, test event execution/monitoring, etc.
- Participate in project planning and design/development activities
- Perform program/process quality evaluation activities (i.e. audits)
- Provide guidance to project teams and engineers regarding the application of processes
- Gain understanding of processes with capability to suggest improvements
- Estimate quality assurance level of effort, associated costs and develop a basis of estimate in support of the contract proposal process
- Present results/content to customers (internal or external) and/or others, as needed
- Review contracts for applicable requirements relating to the quality system
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience working in a formal Software QA environment
- Knowledge of Software QA Methodologies, Software Development Lifecycle and ISO terminologies/practices.
- Understanding of how Defect Tracking/Version control tools work.
- Basic understanding of multiple operating systems, software build environment and system administration skills.
- Understanding of processes, procedures, and ability to apply them to daily work with little guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-service oriented
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- ASQ Software Quality Engineering Certification
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 20 September 2019 • 19:01