What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Staff Electrical/ Digital Design Engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Application of engineering principles and techniques to develop the architecture and detailed design of complex digital systems/subsystems for ground, shipboard and airborne radars.
- Select and propose methods and techniques for implementing solutions in leading edge technologies (including Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), System on Chip (SoC), microcontrollers, high bandwidth memories and high-speed communication interfaces).
- Lead technical teams to achieve program objectives.
- Provide effective communication between functional management, functional teams, customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in the planning of tasks and collection/reporting of execution metrics.
- Apply work experience to identify and contribute to process improvements.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- Experience developing system/ subsystem requirements, architecture and design.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in all areas of VHDL/ Verilog development, including but not limited to: selection of host programmable devices (FPGA or other), simulation/modeling, implementation, testing and debugging.
- FPGA architecture, design and implementation.
- Experience with various I/O (USB/Ethernet/I2C/SPI/SRIO/PCI/PCIe) protocols.
- Experience with high speed, high density DRAM, SRAM and Flash memories.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to effectively interface with functional teams, customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Ability to evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Experience estimating size, cost and schedule of a hardware development effort.
- Must hold or be able to obtain U.S. DoD SECRET security clearance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- SoC and RFSoC architectures, design and implementation.
- High-speed ADC, DAC and power conversion.
- Experience with multilayer, high speed, high density analog/mixed signal PCB layout.
- Experience with PCB EMI mitigation and signal integrity techniques.
- Experience with low-level kernel/processor hardware development.
- Developing and testing multi-core and real-time multi-threaded systems.
- Familiarity with BSP and embedded firmware development including embedded firmware debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, CoreSight, etc.).
- Good understanding of various microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, ARM, x86, etc.).
- Ability to design for test, manufacturing and reliability.
- Developing technical baselines and cost volumes for proposals.
- Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 04 November 2019 • 16:16