What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a senior level Integration and Test Engineer. The successful candidate will act as the responsible individual for a set of defined Integration and Test activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to project planning by providing cost estimates, schedule estimates and task assignments
- Analyzing subsystem and system requirements and developing integration and verification strategies for those subsystems and systems
- Act as a primary interface with customers, other engineering disciplines and program management
- Contribute to the business growth by expanding existing programs, participating in proposal activities and engaging in industry events such as forums and conferences
- Monitor and manage programs including test resources and adherence to cost and schedule
- Identify, procure and validate test environments & tools as necessary
- Develop integration & verification plans and procedures and conduct verification activities in accordance with these procedures
- Write verification analysis reports documenting the results of verification activities
- Demonstrate expertise in troubleshooting, problem decomposition, root cause analysis and risk analysis
- Train and mentor less experienced I&T engineers
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or applicable scientific field with 15+ years of related test experience
- Test leadership including test execution, management of cost, schedule and personnel
- Experience with automated test methodologies and regression testing
- Understanding of integration of radar hardware and software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 07 November 2018 • 14:46