What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer to lead the mechanical design, analysis and integration of a radar system, including planning, scheduling, status, cost account management and team oversight for the hardware development efforts.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and capture management on proposal efforts and new business development ventures, facilitate interdepartmental communication, and participate in customer design review.
Your experiences and skills
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) with 10-15+ years experience.
- Wide-ranging experience, possess technical and project performance understanding of the products and work required to perform a broad spectrum of tasks within the product development, manufacture, test and life cycle support areas.
- Skills to guide others on a technical team in capturing, understanding and implementing product design requirements.
- Capability to interface on an interdepartmental level and be an agent of change for process and procedural improvements that position the company for growth and profitability.
- Possess the skills to lead other engineers and has mastered more broad engineering techniques and tools required to design and develop products with a full understanding of industry practices and procedures.
- Resolve a wide range of issues with increasing complexity in innovative as well as practical ways with a solid understanding of the entire product development process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate well with peers and different levels of management and the customer.
- Proven leader who motivates, inspires, and teaches others.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear guidance and direction to team while multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requirements.
- Must exhibit leadership for executing practical application of mechanical engineering processes on a development program and maintaining engineering rigor while balancing cost, technical, and schedule.
- Extensive background in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Machining, Welding, Fabrication, materials applications and corrosion prevention.
- Experience with MIL-STDs (i.e. Mil-STD-810G)
- Experience with Solidworks and Solidworks PDM
- Experience with ANSYS Mechanical and ANSYS Icepak
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 26 November 2018 • 15:16