What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation, Air Traffic Management business unit, is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer interested in developing state-of-the-art Air Traffic Surveillance and Air Traffic Management systems. Systems Engineers interpret customer and market input, define system and subsystem requirements, define the system functional architecture and key algorithms, support integration and test, and support other engineers deploying these systems in the field. The systems are constructed from electronics, software and firmware and incorporate a wide range of technologies including Remote Air Traffic Control Tower technology, human interface design, multilateration, radar, ADS-B, GPS, IP networking, tracking and fusion.
The successful candidate will have proven engineering team leadership experience that will be applied to provide technical leadership primarily for the engineering teams supporting remote tower programs in the US however this role could be extended to other technologies as appropriate. The experienced leader will be expected to collaborate with other engineers and lead an engineering team consisting of other system engineers and engineers from other disciplines. Good interpersonal and communications skills are essential in this role. This role is focused on US based programs but Saab is a global company and the development team is located in Sweden so significant interaction with Saab organizations located abroad is required.
In this role the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide team leadership – team organization, task assignments and planning and execution
- Collaborate and communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Contribute to program planning – cost and schedule estimates
- Identify and mitigate technical risk
- Be the responsible individual for all technical aspects of the remote tower and adjacent technologies in the US
- Be the technical liaison to the remote tower program and product teams located in Sweden
- Be the technical liaison to the FAA and other customers involved in the remote tower programs in the US
- Use problem solving skills to provide innovative and practical solutions
- Produce high quality program documentation
- Mentor and coach less seasoned engineers
- Collaborate with proposal teams – provide technical solutions and generate proposal material
- Decompose system requirements and perform functional analysis
- Perform modeling, simulation and trade studies
Travel Requirement: between 25% and 50% (Some international travel is required)
Your skills and experience
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.