What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a highly motivated Lead Systems Engineer to design and analysis of complex radar systems, sub-systems and signal/data processing algorithms.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze high level specifications and requirements and conduct trade studies and analyses to define system and subsystem level functional architectures
- Collaborate with system design teams to influence hardware and software architectures and allocate system/subsystem functions to those architectures
- Model system & subsystem level designs to support performance predictions
- Develop, demonstrate and evaluate signal and data processing algorithms to meet specific performance requirements
- Support system integration and business development activities
- Coach less experienced Systems Engineers on all of the above
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s or PhD a plus) in engineering, physics, mathematics or applicable scientific discipline.
- 15+ years of applicable engineering experience in the defense or aerospace domains. At least 5 of those 15 years must have involved the analysis and modeling of complex radar, acoustic or optical systems.
- Demonstrated success at defining system and subsystem level functional architectures and influencing the hardware and software architectures that implement the system/subsystem design
- Working with model based systems engineering
- Using requirements management tools such as DOORs
- Designing and developing key radar processing algorithms
- Developing Matlab tools to process collected radar data or simulate performance
- Developing and/or testing software for radar systems
- Developing and/or testing hardware for radar.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 20 June 2018 • 16:16