Saab's Radar Surveillance division is seeking a Senior Staff Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering direction and support for the integration, verification and deployment of Saab radar systems aboard U.S. Navy ships. The location of this position is flexible; the successful candidate will have the ability to either work remotely or onsite in the East Syracuse, NY office. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the system level requirements for each radar system variant and the system level design features that satisfy these requirements.
- Maintain the allocated requirements baseline for each radar system variant.
- Analyze system data to determine adequate system performance under various environmental and operational conditions.
- Investigate system anomalies and recommend actions to resolve these anomalies.
- Coach and direct junior systems engineers in all of the above.
Skills and Experience:
- 20 years of experience deploying and supporting in-service radar systems for the U.S. Navy.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics. A master's degree is preferred.
- A demonstrated record of solving complex technical and programmatic problems in the shipboard physical environment and the U.S. DoD procurement/acquisition environment.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 16 July 2020 • 21:58