What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is the result of uniting our formerly separate defense businesses and is comprised of four divisions. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Subcontracts Administrator to fulfill needs for contracting in an exciting and rapidly growing company.
- Supplier selection & Engineering support
- Writing and Managing DoD compliant Subcontracts & Inter-Company Documentation
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure requirements are met
- Managing performance and reporting to internal customers
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 8+ years of experience, OR MBA/MS/JD in a related discipline with 6+ years of experience.
- Desirable education and experience areas include Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, Quality, Manufacturing, Defense Industry, Program/Project Management, Reporting/Metrics, and Leadership.
- Experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Purchasing.
- Experience writing Statements of Work & Negotiating all aspects of subcontracts.
- Experience working in a company with an ISO or AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Experience with a wide variety of unique terms, contracting methods and types.
- Significant experience visiting suppliers to perform assessments, manage performance, and resolve issues
- Comprehensive understanding of legal application to subcontracting and experience working with lawyers as consultants.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, decision making, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe, Outlook meeting Scheduling, and Oracle or SAP
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 22 March 2019 • 13:46