What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Supplier Quality Engineer. Responsibilities will include:
- Define and evaluate supplier strategies.
- Monitor and develop supplier performance in line with established goals and requirements.
- Analyze the supplier market and evaluate new potential suppliers and the competitiveness of the existing suppliers.
- Ensure evaluation and qualification of suppliers is performed and maintain an Approved Supplier List (ASL) along with Supply Chain.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to secure the commitment to current and future programs.
- Assess supplier quality capabilities throughout the program life cycle to fulfill program objectives.
- Identify and manage supplier risk and performance issues ensuring RCCA identified and implemented with closure plans.
- Drive continuous product and process improvements.
- Support Program Hardware Quality Engineers.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience with supplier assessment, requirements flow down, technical data package (TDP) reviews, product acceptance and process evaluations at supplier’s facilities.
- Experience working issues (root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions), monitoring supplier performance data to identify trends, analyzing opportunities for continuous improvement, implementing supplier improvement actions.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DOD) programs, procedures, and processes.
- Working knowledge of “Quality System Management”, per ISO 9001:2008/2015.
- Technical knowledge of Electro/Mechanical products/processes and related special processes.
- Understanding of supplier markets, suppliers, products and customer requirements.
- Knowledge about quality and environmental systems and requirements, strategic procurement, purchasing and project management.
- Ability to use relevant modules of the ERP-system (Oracle) and other support systems.
- Understanding of Counterfeit Parts Avoidance.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to apply an overall perspective, good commercial judgement and to carry out long-term development of strategic business relationships.
- Management ability, aptitude for building networks and very good cooperation and communication skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to work well independently or as a team, and capacity to drive a working process forward.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organization skills.
Desired Skills & Certifications:
- Working knowledge of SEI CMMI Level 3 requirements.
- ASQ – Certified Quality Engineer
- Holds IPC certifications
- Other related industry certifications
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 14 June 2019 • 18:46