What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
You will be responsible for requirements analysis, design, development, documentation and testing of a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment within the Hardware Engineering and Technical Support Group.
Other duties include:
- Conducting product design and development to meet customer requirements
- Safeguarding the integrity of the hardware engineering processes
- Supporting the integration and on-site testing of assigned products/components for various acceptance activities
- Establishing and executing engineering strategies for both internal and subcontracted engineering activities
- Undertaking system engineering analysis and ensuring appropriate allocation of requirements to hardware related items
- Preparing and conducting customer and/or internal technical reviews and audits
- Documenting and presenting analysis results in support of project activities
Please contact Daniela Flamminio for a copy of the full position description.
Your skills and experience
You will need to have:
- Demonstrated experience within a defence environment in one or more of the following domains:
- Naval Combat Management Systems
- Naval Combat Systems
- Command Support Systems
- Maritime Communications Systems
- Operational and simulated mission systems
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to address whole of system requirements and design issues, including safety and ILS
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing hardware systems (e.g. circuit board, computer systems, networks and other associated hardware)
- Experience with systems engineering software tools e.g. DOORS, IFS, MRP2, TeamCentre
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related electro-mechanical discipline (e.g. Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering)
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 26 October 2018.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 10 October 2018 • 08:46