What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis seeks a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill the role of a Senior Technical Support Engineer. The Senior Technical Support Engineer provides outstanding service to all Saab Sensis customers. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and committed to solving customer problems. A positive outlook, desire to help others, and the ability to listen and work collaboratively are crucial to success in this position.
Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Support Engineer includes:
- Applying company policies and procedures to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve a variety of complex customer hardware and software issues independently or in collaboration with others
- Performing data analysis to identify root cause and solutions to surveillance system problems
- Providing both remote and on-site technical support to customers on multiple complex systems
- Understanding analog, digital, RF, wired and wireless communications systems, and networks
- Using common diagnostic test equipment and software tools to investigate issues
- Identifying tasks to resolve independently
- Responding to situations where first-line technicians have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
- Having significant contact with customers
- May support other company functional areas such as installation and training
- May deliver training to customers
- Assignments require independent, on-site work, often during non-standard business hours
- Reporting design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to Design Engineering/Software Engineering
- Mentoring less senior engineers
- Participating in and/or lead process improvement efforts
- Influencing colleagues to drive issues to resolution
- 25% Domestic and International travel opportunities
Your experiences and skills
- Professional with demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Effectively uses problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Proven experience working with surveillance systems (Radar, MLAT, A-SMGCS, ADS-B)
- Unix/Linux, and MATLAB experience desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a problem solver who is poised, mature and fully capable of professional communication with customers and Saab Sensis personnel
- Proven experience in building positive customer relationships through continued, long-term customer interaction
Education & Experience:
• BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline and 8+ years of experience
or 12+ years of military or aerospace experience
• MA/MS degree in an engineering discipline and 6+ year of experience
Saab Sensis Corporation provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, work/life balance, dining center and workout facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, employment verification and education verification.
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Sensis Corporation is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be (permanent residents or U.S. Citizens) in order to be considered for employment.
Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 27 February 2018 • 21:46